Since 2007, Kindle made millions of people rediscover the joy of reading. But it’s not only e-readers that changed the way we read. It’s the entire ecosystem that includes ebooks, services, and innovations.
The success of the 1st-generation Kindle would not be possible without the launch of the Kindle Store. Expansion of the digital reading would not be possible without Kindle apps. And reading Kindle ebooks would not be so convenient without Whispersync.
Based on our extensive timeline of Kindle e-readers and services, the infographic presents most significant events since the introduction of the Kindle Store, to the launch of Kindle Oasis 2.
Look how much has happened. And it’s only ten years!
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged. Feel free to share it on your blog – find the embed code under the image.
A history of Kindle devices and services
Share this infographic on your site (Creative Commons license). Get the embed code:
• • •
Interested in the Kindle? Keep exploring:
- Download these free apps to read Kindle books anywhere
- Over 50 best selling books are up to 80% off for Kindle
- Bestsellers from Simon and Schuster are $4.99 each for Kindle, today only
- Book lover’s guide to Valentine’s Day 2019 gifts and deals
- For Valentine’s Day, Kindle Paperwhite 4 gets the biggest price drop so far
Take a look at Kindle best sellers of 2018 in most popular genres: thrillers, literary fiction, romance, biographies, and more.