Since 2007, Kindle made millions of people rediscover the joy of reading. But it’s not only e-readers that changed the way we read. It’s the entire ecosystem that includes ebooks, services, and innovations.
The success of the 1st-generation Kindle would not be possible without the launch of the Kindle Store. Expansion of the digital reading would not be possible without Kindle apps. And reading Kindle ebooks would not be so convenient without Whispersync.
Based on our extensive timeline of Kindle e-readers and services, the infographic presents most significant events since the introduction of the Kindle Store, to the launch of Kindle Oasis 2.
Look how much has happened. And it’s only ten years!
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged. Feel free to share it on your blog – find the embed code under the image.
A history of Kindle devices and services
Share this infographic on your site (Creative Commons license). Get the embed code:
• • •
Interested in the Kindle? Keep exploring:
- Green Monday 2019 tech deals on Amazon: iPad, Kindle, and more
- Act now! Original Kindle cases are even 25% off, today!
- The best Kindle and Audible pre-Christmas 2019 deals you can grab right now
- 17 unique Kindle cases that you won’t find on Amazon
- 14 books every bibliophile would love to receive this Christmas
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!