If you are looking for a simple tool that will prompt you to learn English, the app that sends a notification with one new word a day is all you need to keep you on the tracks.
This feature is available in Dictionary.com and other learning apps, but a little application called,… surprise, surprise,… Word of the Day is exceptionally well designed and focused on just this one thing.
The app gives a short and simple definition of the word, accompanied by an example sentence. You will be able to see how many times other users favorited the particular word, and find more info on Google with just one tap.
The fun thing is that you can share the word with your friends by sending an automatically generated image with a crossword puzzle to Facebook, Instagram, and other services.
All previously released words of the day are available for you in the app’s archive. You can explore them randomly, alphabetically, or by date.
Benefits: easy to use, daily prompt to expand English vocabulary
Compatibility: iPhone, iPad
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are more posts for iPad and iPhone users:
- Beat writer’s block! Here are 15 useful iPad cases and accessories for writing
- 21 innovative iPad cases and accessories that are best suited for reading
- Green Monday 2019 tech deals on Amazon: iPad, Kindle, and more
- When it’s best to buy an iPad case (and when it’s not)
- This single iPad case deal is the best you can get this shopping season
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!