To celebrate Banned Books Week, Global English Editing has released an infographic that shows nearly 50 countries with books that are or were banned in recent years.
Even in countries with laws protecting the freedom of speech and press, books are being effectively banned. Public pressure often leads to book banning in schools and libraries due to content deemed inappropriate for children
Click or tap the visual to see it in full resolution.
Looking for infographics about books and libraries? Check out our archives!
- 11 science-backed benefits of writing (infographic)
- 19 trendy words you should be using more often (infographic)
- Reading in the 21st century – digital and print compared (infographic)
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!