To celebrate Banned Books Week, Global English Editing has released an infographic that shows nearly 50 countries with books that are or were banned in recent years.
Even in countries with laws protecting the freedom of speech and press, books are being effectively banned. Public pressure often leads to book banning in schools and libraries due to content deemed inappropriate for children
Click or tap the visual to see it in full resolution.
Looking for infographics about books and libraries? Check out our archives!
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)