It’s just a series of characters, but what a fascinating read!
Created a year ago by Matt Baker from Useful Charts, this genuinely simple chart shows from what signs of the Proto-Sinaitic script the letters of the Latin alphabet come from. The chart is a part of a much larger Writing Systems of the World chart.
Tracking letters “a, “e” and “r” is most fascinating. In the Proto-Sinaitic script these letters mean:
- “A” stands for “ox”
- “E” stands for “praise”
- “R” stands for “head”
Click or tap the chart to see it enlarged.
Via Useful Charts Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- 11 science-backed benefits of writing (infographic)
- 19 trendy words you should be using more often (infographic)
- Reading in the 21st century – digital and print compared (infographic)
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!