It’s just a series of characters, but what a fascinating read!
Created a year ago by Matt Baker from Useful Charts, this genuinely simple chart shows from what signs of the Proto-Sinaitic script the letters of the Latin alphabet come from. The chart is a part of a much larger Writing Systems of the World chart.
Tracking letters “a, “e” and “r” is most fascinating. In the Proto-Sinaitic script these letters mean:
- “A” stands for “ox”
- “E” stands for “praise”
- “R” stands for “head”
Click or tap the chart to see it enlarged.
Via Useful Charts Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
- What happens when students stop reading over the summer (infographic)
- 12 celebrity memoirs and autobiographies to inspire and motivate you (infographic)
- Millennials still count on print for information and inspiration (infographic)