“Never judge a book by its movie” is a famous quote circulating around the web all the time. The book might appear worse than it is in reality.
Here is a proof. The team from Love Reading has published an infographic that puts into one chart average ratings of almost 60 Hollywood movies and the books they were based on.
In general, the books score better, but there are some exceptions: The Social Network, Slumdog Millionaire, or Atonement.
Also, The Lord of the Rings, an Oscar-winning movie by Peter Jackson, was rated higher (although by a tiny bit) than J.R.R. Tolkien’s novel.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More infographics about books and reading:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!