These days, children get easily distracted by games or videos.
The problem is not only that they prefer gaming to reading. The problem is a big number of games they can play, and videos they can watch.
Just like we zipped through TV channels, our kids jump from one game to another and from YouTube video to another without even finishing.
In the long run it leads to shortening attention span. It will be more and more difficult to keep our kids’ attention on one topic or activity for longer than a couple of minutes.
We shared already several infographics and charts on how to encourage children to read. An infographic created by Love Reading 4 Kids is a great addition. It lists tips on how to draw – and keep – kids’ attention on reading.
Among twelve ideas to use, there is also the one that includes technology. Using the e-reader or a book reading app on the tablet can motivate children to read by providing reading progress and reading speed information.
And a nice poster hanging in a children’s room, reminding about how wonderful reading is, could also help.
Tap or click on the image below to enlarge it.
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)