No view is more beautiful than the space full of books. Turin-based cartoonist and illustrator Pierpaolo Rovero will let you enjoy this view to the fullest. Just have a look at the series of his masterful paintings.
Rovero prepares the paintings in a unique way. First, he creates the digital artwork. Then he prints it using a special technique – the file is being damaged to achieve the desired effect. Finally, he retouches the work with a stylus.
Below, you’ll see a selection of paintings that put books in the center – actually everywhere.
To fully admire the visuals, you should visit the artist’s portfolio and use the zoom-in option to take a closer look at the details. On Pierpaolo Rovero’s Facebook profile you’ll also see examples of preparatory works.
Book paintings by Pierpaolo Rovero
Present past future, 90 × 117 cm.
Just to be close to you, 100 × 175 cm.
The ineffable destiny in silence, 170 × 100 cm.
Ebony, 120 × 120 cm.
The slippery note in silence, 170 × 100 cm.
Hell and redemption, 170 × 100 cm.
• • •
More to explore:
- Rihanna’s new visual autobiography is much more than your usual coffee table book
- This fun tool will give you a book recommendation about your next travel destination
- This cozy wooden cabin is every book lover’s dream weekend getaway destination
- Homes of famous authors recreated in a stunning book art series
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!