Banned Books Week is held from September 21 to 28 this year. This infographic will surely be one of the most useful materials to spread the word.
Each book comes with a summary of the plot, the date of a first release, and most importantly – the reason to ban it.
There are books in the chart that you wouldn’t believe were banned. Just have a look at Alice in Wonderland. In the 30s of the last century, the Chinese Censor General thought attributing human intelligence to animals was “an insult to humanity”, and that children should be protected from the negative influence of the book.
Click or tap on the image to enlarge.
More infographics to check out:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.