Banned Books Week is held from September 21 to 28 this year. This infographic will surely be one of the most useful materials to spread the word.
Each book comes with a summary of the plot, the date of a first release, and most importantly – the reason to ban it.
There are books in the chart that you wouldn’t believe were banned. Just have a look at Alice in Wonderland. In the 30s of the last century, the Chinese Censor General thought attributing human intelligence to animals was “an insult to humanity”, and that children should be protected from the negative influence of the book.
Click or tap on the image to enlarge.
More infographics to check out:
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)
- 8 important things users want from a library (infographic)
- 11 libraries invaluable to world history (infographic)
- 15 proven ways to write faster and become a better writer (infographic)