Written Word Media, a company behind a few websites that connect authors and readers, have released a short but useful infographic depicting the Kindle user.
The company collected the data by surveying readers at their book platforms: Freebooksy, Bargain Booksy, NewInBooks, and Red Feather Romance.
We’re constantly curious about a Kindle owner’s consumer behavior: what they’re reading, how they discover books, whom they trust for book recommendations, where they’re talking about the books they’re reading.
We can observe interesting trends in book discovery, purchase behavior, and reading preferences.
The full infographic is embedded below, and the key findings are:
- Kindle owners purchase an average of 8.92 books per month,
- 70% of readers enjoy books in a series and standalone novels equally,
- for 42% of readers, the book is a way to relax,
- Facebook, not Goodreads, is a top destination for book discovery and discussion.
Click or tap on the infographic to see it in full resolution.
More infographics to explore:
- 19 trendy words you should be using more often (infographic)
- Reading in the 21st century – digital and print compared (infographic)
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!