If you buy an item via this post, we may get a small affiliate fee. Details.
Every few weeks Amazon offers a deal that proves it pays to be a member of the multi-benefit Prime subscription program.
In a limited-time promotion, Prime members can buy Kindle e-readers at prices slashed more than during Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016!
Three models are being discounted. The top-end Kindle Oasis never enters any deals. So, here are the Kindle e-reader Prime deals:
- Kindle 8 – this entry-level Kindle model was introduced in mid-2016, and comes in two colors – White and Black. Its price for Prime members is now only $49.99 – a $30 price cut from the regular
- Kindle Paperwhite – if you read a lot in the evening, you should go for the front-lighted Paperwhite, refreshed in 2016. It’s also offered in White or Black. The regular price is
$119.99but Prime members can have if for $89.99,
- Kindle Voyage – while the price cut on two cheaper models is $30, you can save more on the premium Kindle Voyage. The current price is $149.99, slashed from
$199.99), and the savings are $50.
The same discount is being applied to each available version of the specific model, the one with or without special ads, and with or without 3G.
If you are a Prime member, add the Kindle to cart, and the discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
As I already wrote, this deals is more attractive that what Amazon prepared for non-Prime customers during Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016. Back then, the savings were $30 for Kindle 8 and Voyage; $20 was offered for Paperwhite.
We spotted the same Prime-exclusive promotion on Kindle e-readers already. It was held in October 2016. Probably, the huge interest in this deal emptied the stock of some versions, for instance, the White Kindle 8.
Why are the deals for Prime members so attractive? Because current Prime members are not the main target. New members are.
If you don’t have the Prime membership yet, you can start the 30-day free trial today, and almost immediately benefit from the new Prime-exclusive Kindle deal. And if you don’t like the subscription after a couple of days of testing, you can cancel it anytime.
You are probably asking yourself a question: fine, I’ll get the Kindle, but what next? Next, you can benefit from several book-related features of Prime membership. Here they are:
- you can borrow one book per month from Kindle Owners’ Lending Library,
- you can get free access to Amazon Prime Reading,
- the Kindle, as well Prime-eligible print books, can be shipped for free,
- you can get one Kindle First ebook a month, at no extra cost,
- you can get free access to Audible Channels.
• • •
More to explore: