If you think it’s time to cancel Amazon Prime membership, think twice. Among many features you may haven’t tried yet there is one that gives free access to diverse digital content.
Many users join Amazon Prime before Christmas or Prime Day to take benefit of powerful delivery features, free two-day shipping among them.
Now, when all the gifts have been delivered, you start thinking whether the service is worth the money you pay.
You can always watch Prime movies and TV shows, but on the other hand, why pay the full subscription if you can buy the cheaper Prime Video membership?
Before you start looking for ways to cancel Amazon Prime, spend some time and explore the list of benefits again (you will find the highlights at the end of this post).
Among the most exciting features that are still not appreciated enough is Amazon Prime Reading.
Prime Reading gives you free and unlimited access to a curated list of diverse digital content. You can get top Kindle ebooks, popular magazines, children’s books, comics and graphic novels, as well as short reads. Plus, many of these titles come together with Audible narration so that you can switch seamlessly between book and audiobook mode.
Most importantly, you can access Prime Reading on any device. You don’t need to buy a Fire tablet to read your favorite graphic novel, or a Kindle e-reader to download and read an ebook bestseller.
If you own an Android-powered tablet or smartphone and your Prime membership is still active, you can right now access the list of Prime Reading eligible titles directly within your Kindle for Android app.
The same with the iPad and iPhone. All you need is a Kindle for iOS application which you register with the same Amazon account that you use for Prime membership.
That’s not all. There are free Kindle apps for other platforms as well.
The Prime Reading list includes around 1,000 titles. The number doesn’t seem impressive, especially when you compare it to over a million of books to get with Kindle Unlimited.
However, the list is being constantly refreshed the way Netflix works. Every month, new books are entering the catalog; other titles are leaving.
Some books stay on Prime Reading longer than others. For instance,Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, The Handmaid’s Tale, or 1984 are here from the very beginning.
Prime Reading is a great solution for everyone who doesn’t have time and comfort to binge-read. If you want to read books, comics, magazines occasionally, you’ll find in Prime Reading more than you need.
• • •
Amazon Prime Reading – top books
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- My Sister’s Grave by Robert Dugoni
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale
- Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
Amazon Prime Reading – useful links
Below you’ll find useful links that will let you learn more about the benefits of Prime Reading and Amazon Prime.
- Amazon Prime help pages – help pages: overview, managing ownership, eligible items.
- Terms and conditions – Amazon Prime – conditions of use, membership cancelation, fees and renewal, limitations.
- About Amazon Prime – a list of all Prime benefits with short descriptions.
- How to borrow titles from Amazon Prime Reading – tips to borrow and return books and magazines via Prime Reading.
- Amazon Prime sign-up page – if you decide to join Prime, you can sign up here.
Amazon Prime – a complete list of features
- Free Two-Day Shipping – on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S.,
- Free Same-Day Delivery – in certain areas,
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – you can borrow one book each calendar month; the catalog includes over 1,000,000 ebooks,
- Kindle First – early access to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks,
- Audible Channels – free access to original audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources,
- Prime Reading – free access to over 1,000 top Kindle books, magazines, and comics,
- Prime Instant Video – unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes,
- Prime Music – unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime playlists and more than a million songs,
- Prime Photos – secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive,
- Prime Pantry – members can purchase low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99,
- Amazon Elements – access to Amazon’s line of everyday essentials,
- Prime Early Access – 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals and new events on MyHabit.com,
- Membership sharing – Prime members may share the account with up to four eligible household members living at the same address.
Best Kindle cases and accessories in 2019
Based on recommendations from top tech sites and best customer reviews.
Omoton Kindle Paperwhite 4 Smart Shell
Available in new color combinations, the smart shell case from Omoton is a solid, affordable alternative for the original Amazon case cover. It supports auto wake & sleep function and weighs only 3.2 oz.
Average rating: 4.0/5
Senso Waterproof Bluetooth Earphones
Comfortable and secure, these earphones feature IPX-7 waterproof rating. Improved battery lets you listen to audiobooks for up to 8 hours. Compatible with the basic Kindle, Paperwhite 4, and Oasis 2.
Average rating: 4.0/5
MoKo Felt Cover Pouch Bag
Fashionable, elegant, and lightweight, this sleeve bag is made of durable shock-absorbing felt, and is great for organizing your portable electronics on the go. Compatible with Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite.
Average rating: 4.7/5
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are more posts for Amazon Prime subscribers:
- In a new spring sale, you can save up to $50 on Amazon Fire tablets
- Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime Reading – which service is better for me?
- This Kindle and Fire sale for Prime members is almost as good as on Black Friday
- Here are the best books you can find on Amazon Prime Reading
- How to cancel Amazon Prime subscription and get a refund