Have you got a Kindle or Fire for Christmas? Or maybe a new smartphone or Android-based tablet?
You are most probably looking for cases or screen protectors to protect better and give it a personal feel. Maybe you also consider getting a fresh new accessory.
What about the content? Wouldn’t you like to play audiobooks, read an ebook or a graphic novel, watch a movie, or play a game?
Amazon Digital Day is for you. This shopping event takes place a few days after Christmas – at the right time for anyone who is looking for digital content.
Obviously, as the event is organized by Amazon, you will find among the deals only the content from Amazon store (which doesn’t mean you can’t play it on the iPad or Android tablet – just download the right app).
The list of featured deals is growing every year. Among them, you will see movies and TV series (Prime Video), Kindle ebooks (price cuts on multiple titles as well as Kindle Unlimited subscription), or Audible (reduced fees for the membership; special bundles and packages).
Below, you will find a few tips and facts that will help you learn what to expect from Amazon Digital Day, easier track the deals make better-informed purchasing decisions.
Amazon Digital Day – tips to make the most if it
1. What is Digital Day
When you search the web for “digital day” you may get confused. Two events show up in Google search results:
- Digital Day digital technology and telecommunication event organized by the European Commission,
- Digital Day shopping event organized by Amazon.
That’s why, if you search Google for the latter one, it’s better to use the search phrase “amazon digital day.”
2. When is Amazon Digital Day?
So far, every Digital Day took place on the first Friday after Christmas:
- Digital Day 2016 – Friday, December 27, 2016
- Digital Day 2017 – Friday, December 29, 2017
- Digital Day 2018 – Friday, December 28, 2018
In 2019, the date is still suitable. Friday will be on December 27. But in 2020, it’s December 25 – too early to draw people away from celebrating Christmas, make them grab their phones or computers, and hunt for digital deals.
On the other hand, delaying the Digital Day until the beginning of January will make a lot of consumers lose interest in finding the content for their new devices.
Therefore, I expect Digital Day deals to run on weekend days after Christmas (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) but no later than December 31.
3. How can I track Digital Day deals?
There are two simple ways to make sure you won’t miss a good Digital Day deal.
Bookmark Digital Day front page in your browser
Amazon reveals all after-Christmas deals and offers in the special Digital Day section of the online store, at amazon.com/digitalday. This link was established in 2016, and Amazon is using it every year, so it makes sense to save it as a bookmark in the browser.
If you own a PC, open a link in your web browser (such as Chrome or Internet Explorer) and use a shortcut Ctrl+D or click Bookmark (star) at the top of the window. If you use a Mac computer, press Command+D or click on a star.
The page displays deals during Digital Day. A few days before, you can find sneak peeks of the upcoming offers.
Subscribe to email newsletter
Another way to keep track of Digital Day deals is to get email updates via Amazon Delivers – a special service that offers dozens of newsletters (daily or weekly) that help users follow news and deals.
Subscribing to one of the newsletters that focus on digital content should do the trick.
Go to Amazon Delivers, and find on a list either “Digital Deals and News” (emails are sent occasionally) or “Kindle Daily Deals” (daily, US customers only).
4. What deals to expect on Digital Day?
Compared to Black Friday or Cyber Monday, there are thousands of deals on the Digital Day, not millions. It’s because this event is only about digital content – the content you can download, stream, or use on your computer, tablet, or phone.
At the end of this article, you will find sneak peeks of two Digital Day events, in 2017 and 2018, but in general, you can expect the deals in two main categories:
- Save up to 70-75% on Kindle ebooks and Audible audiobooks.
- Save on digital versions of popular magazines (including Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly, Wired, or Shape).
- Save on digital versions of best selling comics and graphic novels, including the ones from Marvel,
- Save up to 60-70% on hundreds of movies available via Prime Video. Price cuts are offered for both Prime members and non-members, but the first group enjoys deeper discounts.
- Save on apps and games from Amazon App Store.
- Save on software, including Norton Security or Quicken Personal Finance.
- Save on language programs, for instance the ones from Rosetta Stone.
- Save on Kindle Unlimited subscriptions. You can find both the short and long-term offers.
- Save on Audible subscriptions – either a Gold membership or a special packages, for instance Audible Romance. Plus, there are attractive offers for current Audible members.
- Save on Amazon FreeTime Unlimited subscription.
- Sign up for several digital subscriptions (such as AMC Premiere or Showtime) and get a reward – either an Amazon Gift Card or Amazon Credit.
5. Are Digital Day deals better than on Cyber Monday?
Usually, on Digital Day you won’t find the deal on the same product or service that is better than on Cyber Monday or Black Friday.
For instance, if the same Kindle book is featured on Cyber Monday and Digital Day, it should have the same price cut.
Another question is the scale of deals and selection of content. Here the answer is: it depends. But the general rule is that the deals on subscriptions are better on Digital Day.
Let’s analyze a few examples.
So far, Cyber Monday is the best day to grab deals on Kindle ebooks. Period.
Digital Day deals on Kindle ebooks are attractive, but in most instances, price cuts are not as high (reaching 75% vs. even 85% on Cyber Monday). Also, the catalog of featured titles is not as extensive.
Therefore, mark Cyber Monday in your calendar for deal hunting on Kindle ebooks. Come back on Digital Day to see if there are any other interesting books to get at lowered prices.
Kindle Unlimited subscription
Amazon tends to move the deals on digital subscriptions towards Digital Day.
On Cyber Monday 2018, only one Kindle Unlimited deal was offered – the 3-month subscription for $0.99. But on Digital Day 2018, the deals on long-term Kindle Unlimited plans are joining.
Audible audiobooks and subscriptions
Just like in the case of Kindle Unlimited, if you miss an Audible deal on Cyber Monday, you can most probably find it again during Digital Day.
The number of Digital Day Audible deals is growing every year. On top of short-term Audible subscriptions that you can get for a highly reduced price, you will find deals on special genre packages.
Plus, with the growing popularity of audiobooks, Amazon is prepping special bundles that include a device (Kindle or Fire), an Audible subscription at a reduced price, and sometimes an extra accessory.
6. How to prepare for Amazon Digital Day?
We’ve got two tips, and – don’t worry – they don’t require a lot of time or effort:
Make a wishlist
Just like before Prime Day or Black Friday, the one thing you should focus on is finding products that you really need.
Make a wish list of books, magazines, audiobooks, movies, or games, and compare it with what’s available on Amazon Digital Day.
Don’t buy items only because they are offered at an incredibly low price. Buy only the discounted items that you will be using.
Check out items available in subscriptions
If you are planning to get a digital subscription, no matter whether it’s Kindle Unlimited, Audible, or Showtime, make sure to explore the catalog of eligible items.
Thanks to that you will avoid disappointment after finding out your favorite titles are not included in the subscription.
• • •
Best Amazon Digital Day 2018 deals
- Save up to 75% off Kindle best-selling books, including titles such as Manhattan Beach, In the Midst of Winter, My Squirrel Days, Summer I Turned Pretty, Indianapolis, and Great At Work
- Save up to 80% off best-selling Marvel graphic novels like Jessica Jones: Blind Spot, Runaways Vol. 1: Pride and Joy, You Are Deadpool, and X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Save up to 60% off digital magazines such as Vanity Fair, People, Entertainment Weekly, Martha Stewart Living,Better Homes and Gardens, Bon Appétit, Wired, Shape, and Men’s Journal
- Get 25% extra gold bars on all Candy Crush Friends Saga December Deals
- Get 35% off the Clash of Clan’s in-game Digital Clash Pack with 6x value on Gold, Elixir, Book of Everything, and Builder Potions
- Save 25% on select Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Lapis Bundles
- Save on hundreds of movies like Incredibles 2, Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Avengers: Infinity War on Prime Video
- Prime members save up to 65% off movies like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Red Sparrow, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Tomb Raider, and Book Clubon Prime Video
- Save up to 66% off PBS Kids apps for Daniel Tiger, Dinosaur Train, Peg + Cat, and more
- Save 30% off language programs from Rosetta Stone and Babbel
- Save 50% or more off of software from H&R Block, Norton Security, and Quicken Personal Finance
- Save 20% on TurboTax 2018 and get a free $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Save 33% on the Audible Romance Package for the first 3 months
- Save $50 on Fire HD 10 tablet and receive 3 months free trial to Audible
- Audible members can buy one, get one free on a selection of hundreds of Audible books
- Get 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for $0.99. Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million books, popular magazines and thousands of books with Audible narration. Offer valid for new subscribers only
- Get 3 months free of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited for $2.99. Offer valid for new subscribers only
- Start a new paid subscription to AMC Premiere, CBS All Access, ESPN+, or Showtime and get $10 Amazon credit
- Start a new paid subscription to ABCmouse and get $10 Amazon credit
Best Amazon Digital Day 2017 deals
- Save 60% off Wonder Woman on Amazon Video
- $10 Amazon.com credit when you subscribe to HBO NOW on Amazon
- Save 25% off $49.99 Lapis bundle for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Save 50% off all in-game items for Marvel Puzzle Quest
- Save up to 80% off in-game items for Playrix games
- Save up to 75% off ROBLOX New Year’s Eve themed wearables
- Save up to 33% off video games like Sonic Forces, Civilization VI, NBA 2K 18, and WWE 2K18
- Save up to 75% off on Kindle best-selling books, including titles such as The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye, The Silent Corner, and Modern Romance
- Save up to 80% off best-selling Marvel graphic novels like Civil War II, House of M, World War Hulk, and Star Wars
- Three free audiobooks when you sign up for an Audible trial
- 25% or more off PC software like Rosetta Stone and Adobe Creative Cloud Photography
- First 3 months free in Daily Burn streaming workouts
• • •
- Chances are good the white Kindle Paperwhite 4 will be released before summer
- What Kindle deals can we expect on Prime Day 2019?
- Amazon is allegedly working on a device that reads human emotion
- The Amazon Literary Partnership awards over $1 million to 66 nonprofit organizations
- How to see Kindle price drops that are tailored for you