Stunning idea: digital library in Bucharest subway station (pictures)
Vodafone Romania, in collaboration with a publishing house Humanitas, launched an ambient advertising campaign, which is simply fantastic. A Victoria Square metro station was turned into… a digital library.
The walls are being covered with large format posters, from top to bottom. Bucharest commuters who enter the station suddenly discover that they’re in an impressive library. The brightest idea comes here: you can use your smartphone to scan QR codes visible on the spines of the books – to actually start reading a book in no time.
Once you grab the code, you’ll be redirected to a mobile site powered by Humanitas. It’s a Vodafone Digital Library from where you can download free samples of 49 ebooks (epub or pdf format) and 10 audiobooks. The download is available to anyone, no matter the telecom provider they have.
One title is available for free download, the full version of Mateiu I. Caragiale’s Under the seal of mystery. If users would like to purchase any other title from Vodafone Digital Library in full version, they will be redirected to Humanitas website, where they proceed to check out.
Vodafone’s digital library on the Victoria subway station is a part of the new communication platform launched by Vodafone in May 2012.
Check more great stuff for ebook geeks:
- This flowchart will let you pick up a perfect fictional world
- A concept of a smartphone with a single e-ink screen (pictures)
- A periodic table of fictional elements from books, games, and movies
- The bookmark that tweets a reminder to continue reading (video)
- Beautiful typographic poems inspired by Alice in Wonderland (pictures)
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Ebook news and commentary
- Think Amazon is Your Friend? You Might Have Amazon Infatuation Syndrome ⇢ The Digital Reader
- American Library Association welcomes Macmillan frontlist availability ⇢ TeleRead
- What New e-readers Will Come Out Late 2014? ⇢ Good E-reader
- Amazon Explains Why It Thinks $9.99 is the Right Price for Ebooks ⇢ Publishing Perspectives
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Black
The 2014 Samsung Galaxy Tab comes with Android 4.4 Kit Kat, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1280×800 WXGA display, and $300 of free content and services.
Average rating: 4.3/5
Mr Mercedes – Stephen King
Mr. Mercedes is a war between good and evil, from the master of suspense whose insight into the mind of this obsessed, insane killer is chilling and unforgettable.