A famous quote “write drunk, edit sober,” widely attributed to Ernest Hemingway, is both adored and hated.
Signature, the literary website founded by Penguin Random House, devoted to providing readers with unique points of view on literature, has come up with a unique visual blend of books and spirits.
The infographic is called The Ultimate Reader’s Guide to Whiskey. It analyzes in detail how writing and drinking have mixed over time.
Sometimes they go together well, like bourbon and bitters in a finely wrought Old Fashioned. Other times? Well, it doesn’t take more than a skim through a few writers’ biographies to see how destructive the bottle can be.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
Via Galley Cat.
More infographics to check out:
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)