People in India are the most avid readers in the world. It’s the only country where, according to World Culture Score Index, readers spend with a book more than 10 hours a week.
This beautiful infographic designed by the team from Russia Beyond The Headlines, shows that in the top five countries there are also Thailand, China, Philippines, Egypt, and the Czech Republic.
The United States is in the fourth group (marked in yellow color), together with Canada, Germany, and Italy. Readers in these countries read between 5 and 6 hours a week.
And you? How much time do you read a week?
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
More infographics about books and reading:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!