Contact lenses producer Feel Good has recently released an infographic that puts together most interesting facts about books and reading.
How the world reads infographic includes info about which country loves to read most, bestselling books of all time, banned books, and fun facts.
A very interesting part of the visual explains how we read.
Our eyes have 3 types of vision ranges: fovea or the area at the centre of the retina; parafovea, which expands 5 degrees on either side of a fixation; and periphery, which is everything else.
Most of what we understand clearly when reading, happens in the foveal area.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More infographics to check out:
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)
- 50 empowering quotes from fictional female characters (infographic)
- Best selling books and book series of the 21st century (infographic)