Amazon Trade-in Program can be a way to considerably reduce the price of the next-generation device if you no longer need the one you are currently using.
You saving is equal to what is the current value of your old Kindle, based on the model and condition. You will receive the money in the form of a gift card applied to your Amazon account.
When you buy the new Kindle, its price will be automatically reduced by the value of the trade-in gift card.
From time to time, you can save even more than that. Amazon is currently running a special promotion, in which you can get even $75 towards a new Kindle Paperwhite if you trade in your old model.
A promotional $50 credit will be applied if you decide to buy Kindle Paperwhite version with special offers (and only this version). Therefore, the price of the new e-reader will be reduced to $69.99.
That’s not all – we are in the trade-in deal, and it means you can also receive up to $25 for your old Kindle. As a result, your new Kindle Paperwhite with special offers, worth
$119.99 may cost you under $50.
If you are not planning to buy Kindle Paperwhite, you can still save on getting other Kindle models via the trade-in deal. You can receive a lower credit, however, worth $20, towards the purchase of the following models:
- all versions of the basic Kindle,
- Kindle Paperwhite without Special Offers,
- Kindle Paperwhite with WiFi and Free Cellular Connectivity,
- all versions of Kindle Voyage,
- all versions of Kindle Oasis,
- Kindle for Kids Bundle.
The deal ends at 9 AM, Pacific Time, on October 31, 2017. All you have to do by that time is complete a trade-in submission form. Then within the next seven days, you’ll need to send your old Kindle to Amazon. The shipping is free of charge.
How does Amazon Trade-In Program work
The Amazon Trade-In program allows you to receive an Amazon Gift Card in exchange for the old product you return. It can be an electronic device, including a Kindle e-reader or Fire tablet.
1. Describe the old product you want to trade-in
In this stage, you will pick up the Kindle model you own and answer a few simple questions that will let Amazon learn more about the state of your old Kindle. Don’t be afraid. Even if your Kindle doesn’t work anymore, you are still eligible for the trade-in deal.
2. Send your old Kindle to Amazon
At the end of the first stage, you can print out a shipping label. Attach it to your packed Kindle and ship it for free to Amazon. They will verify the condition of the device within the next seven working days.
3. Get Amazon Gift Card
Based on the model and condition, Amazon sets up the appraised value of your Kindle. It will be automatically applied to your account together with a bonus towards a new Kindle you choose.
The trade-in deal on Kindle Paperwhite and other e-readers is a part of the huge Kindle 10th Anniversary Deals promotion Amazon is running to celebrate the launch of the first Kindle and the birth of the Kindle Store. Check out other deals that are waiting for you:
- Up to 40% off Kindle Unlimited subscription
- Save $50 on a one-year Audible membership
- $30 off select Kindle e-readers
- Save up to 85% on 100 top-selling Kindle ebooks
- Daily Kindle Giveaways
Which of these deals looks most interesting to you?
• • •
Don’t stop exploring. Here are more posts about Kindle and Kindle Store:
- It’s Buy a Book Day! Save huge on “Gone Girl” and 30 other Kindle bestsellers
- Almost 50 great Kindle reads are up to 80% off for Labor Day
- Here are 100 best Kindle authors of all time
- On Prime Day 2018, you can buy Kindle Paperwhite for only $79.99
- Prime Day 2018 Kindle, Fire, and Echo deals – here is all you can get right now