Latest ebook news, opinions and tips in one handy, distraction-free list.
News headlines collected here come from seven most influential ebook blogs: The Digital Reader, The Good E-reader, TeleRead, GalleyCat, Publishing Perspectives, Digital Book World, and Publishers Weekly.
Bookmark this page for easy access to what’s hot in ebook world (press Ctrl+D).
You can connect with each site right from this post. Find the relevant links under the sites’ names.
The Digital Reader
- Smartphone Shipments Up, Tablet Shipments Down in the Third Quarter
- Morning Coffee – 17 November 2017
- Activist Investor Makes Bid to Take B&N Private
- Buk Lets You Create Sharable Links into the Contents of Your Book
- Sign up for My Course on Designing Book Covers
- Morning Coffee – 16 November 2017
- Kindle Unlimited Funding Pool Jumped in October 2017
- Should We Really be Celebrating Indigo’s Expansion into the US Given That They Aren’t a Bookstore Chain Any More?
- Bonnier to Close the UK Branch of Its Type & Tell Services Provider
- Morning Coffee – 15 November 2017
- Nook Glowlight 3 Cases Not Available Until November 28th
- Negative Reviews Force Amazon to Discount Oasis 2 Covers
- Barnes and Noble Nook Glowlight 3 Review
- Amazon Announces Writing Grant
- 2018 iPad PRO will have an OctaCore Processor
- Amazon Alexa Smart Speakers Now Available in Canada
- Will you Buy the Kobo Aura One Limited Edition with 32GB?
- Amazon Selects Non-Fiction Title as Best Book of the Year
- Kobo Aura One VS Amazon Kindle Oasis
- HarperCollins Digital Sales Increase 6%
- ‘Author-Friendly Policies’: Toasting Hachette’s Tim Hely Hutchinson
- UK Historian Daniel Beer Wins Canada’s $75,000 Cundill History Prize for ‘House of the Dead’
- Spain Signs on as Frankfurt Book Fair’s 2021 Guest of Honor
- Jesmyn Ward Wins Second National Book Award in Fiction
- Paddington Bear Author Michael Bond Remembered at St. Paul’s
- Industry Notes: Europa Editions’ Rome Store; Sweek’s ‘Romantasy’ Contest
- Translation Trade Routes: Two Publishers’ Outreach Efforts
- Dave Eggers and Shawn Harris kick off the 2017 US and Canada #GiveBooks Campaign
- Anniversary Notes: Shanghai Children’s Book Fair at 5; Amazon’s Kindle at 10
- The UK’s Inclusivity Conference: Publishing Should Reflect Diverse Society
- Giving Back for the Holidays (shelftalker)
- We Only Wear Different Clothes: 'PW' Talks with Jessica Fellowes
- PW Online and On Air: Week of November 20, 2017
- Indie Scouting Report: November 2017
- Unit Sales Post a Solid 9% Gain
- B&N Dismisses Takeover Proposal
- Booksellers Prep for Small Business Saturday
- Book Deals: Week of November 20, 2017
- Book Cover Redesign: 'Living Fulfilled'
- Catalonia’s Book Industry Is Small But Vibrant
- Which Moto X4 should I choose?
- Waterproof e-readers: Amazon’s just-released 7″ Kindle Oasis isn’t your only choice
- All-New Kindle Oasis survives ocean dunking: Len Edgerly video compares old and new models
- ‘Across Two Novembers’: The diary of a blind Pepys
- Can I interest you in a $70 Kindle Paperwhite?
- California exempts books from controversial autograph law
- Australian essay test question leads to Internet abuse of indigenous poet
- Amazon disburses last gasp of Apple settlement money; Barnes & Noble soon to follow
- Traditional publishing CEOs are happy to sell fewer ebooks
- Will the two-screened ZTE Axon M offer double your reading pleasure?
Most popular on Ebook Friendly
Top lists to explore
- Top ebook news - recent articles from major blogs and websites that focus on ebooks and e-readers,
- Top ebook deals - an overview of current ebook and e-reader deals that are offered in major ebookstores: Kindle, Nook, and Kobo,
- Top Kindle bestsellers - highlights from self-updating Top 100 bestseller lists for Kindle ebooks,
- Top Kindle accessories - if you are looking for the most popular Kindle case or accessory, check out this list,
- Top phone cases - bestselling cases for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and other popular cell phones,
- Top tablet accessories - looking for a top-rated case for your iPad, Samsung Galaxy or Google Nexus tablet? Check out this self-updating list.