Since 2011, Educause has been surveying the platform’s higher education community to identify vital teaching and learning challenges.
More than 900 members took part in the latest survey, helping recognize top opportunities for 2018. The most voted topics become focal points for discussions throughout the year, helping set up a framework for the future.
The top challenges for teaching and learning in 2018, according to the Educause Learning Initiative (ELI) survey, are:
- academic transformation and faculty development – breakthrough learning and teaching models, innovative partnerships, evolution of the campus mission,
- accessibility and universal design – developing effective practices and course designs that can be accessible by everyone,
- faculty development – empowering and enabling faculty to develop active learning engagements,
- privacy and security – formulation of policies for data sharing, educating faculty and students about best practices,
- digital and information literacy – helping students develop new competencies in finding, evaluating, and managing digital information in the 21st century.
Identified areas can be great topics for discussion among educators, teachers, librarians, students, and anyone who cares about education. Follow this link to find an extensive list of articles and resources that will help you explore each topic in detail.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
Via Educause Blog.
Interested in infographics about books, libraries, and reading. We’ve got a huge archive:
- 70 best iPad case covers and accessories to buy in 2018 (infographic)
- OverDrive-powered libraries have checked out over 1 billion ebooks and audiobooks (infographic)
- A concise history of publishing (infographic)
- The facts in the hat – Dr. Seuss by the numbers (infographic)
- Guinness World Records related to books and reading (infographic)
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Infographics.
Start the discussion
Tips and tricks
How to cancel Kindle Unlimited subscription
Are you a Kindle Unlimited member but want to cancel the subscription? Here is how to do it.
International availability of the waterproof Kindle Oasis 2 (2017)
On the launch date, October 31, 2017 – Kindle Oasis can be shipped to over 170 countries around the world – both via Amazon’s main store and stores localized in other major countries.
17 insanely colorful Amazon Fire 7 (2017) cases and sleeves
Brighten your life with the Fire 7 tablet, and brighten your Fire 7 tablet with one of these colorful cases, covers, and sleeves. They fit the 7th generation Amazon Fire 7, released in June 2017.
12 best keyboards and keyboard cases for the iPad
A list of versatile keyboards for current iPad models. Foldable keyboards, cases with built-in keyboards, universal keyboard stands, and more.
50 best Amazon Fire cases and accessories to buy in 2018
A list of the best case covers and accessories for Amazon Kindle Fire tablets: Fire 7, Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, and older models. Plus a selection of the best accessories: power chargers, screen protectors, stands, and more.
50 illustrations that cleverly describe what books are about
The best illustrations about books and reading. By Paweł Kuczyński, Andrea De Santis, Jungho Lee, Gürbüz Doğan Ekşioğlu, Dale Edwin Murray, and Mariusz Stawarski, among others.