To celebrate the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death, Oxford University Press frequently releases infographics that deal with different aspects of the Bard’s life and works.
Although he was very young at the time, he may have witnessed the blazing Stella Nova in 1572, which could explain his reference to the “westward star” in Hamlet.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More to explore:
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)