Quora is a the most popular question-and-answer website – created, edited and organized by the growing community of dedicated users. The service aggregates questions and answers into topics and users can collaborate by editing questions and suggesting edits to other users’ answers.
Recently, Quora rewarded its top writers with a Best of Quora 2010-2012 book. The book contains some of the best writing on Quora from 2010 through 2012. There are over 100 answers and 400 pages of the best answers in 18 different categories – from food to literature to politics to technology to work advice. Best of all, while print version is handed out to top Quora writers, the free pdf ebook can be downloaded by everyone.
Some of the questions answered in the book:
- If there were ten commandments in cooking what would they be?
- Do the Chinese people currently consider Mao Zedong to be evil or a hero?
- What are some stupid things that smart people do?
- What book should I read to make girls think I’m smart in a hot way?
- What is so great about Jane Austen?
- Is it possible at this stage of human culture to create a new genre of music?
- What are some things that airline pilots won’t tell you?
- What’s it like to be a drug dealer?
- How has our understanding of the universe changed in the last 100 years?
- Why do living things die?
- Given our current technology and with the proper training, would it be possible for someone to become Batman?
- Do Olympic or competitive swimmers ever pee in the pool?
- Why did Steve Jobs choose not to effectively treat his cancer?
- As a young woman, how can I shake the feeling that being good-looking is the primary thing that males will acknowledge and praise my existence for?
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!