Copyright term is the length of time copyright subsists in a work before it passes into the public domain.
This image below accompanies a Wikipedia article that lists copyright rights in different countries. You’ll find there – country by country – what are the terms based on authors’ deaths or creation dates.
The member states of the European Union follow the rule that works of an author enter the public domain 70 years after his death.
When a work’s copyright term ends, and this work passes into the public domain, users can freely use and remix it. When it comes to books, we have an extensive list of websites that offer public domain ebooks.
Click or tap on the image to enlarge.
More to check out:
- Kindle lovers, Prime Day doesn’t favor you this year
- 10 best-rated iPad accessories you can in 2019 so far
- Listen: here are 17 exciting gifts to give audiobook lovers in 2019
- 25 best books to read in 2019 so far, by genre
- Here are 10 top-rated Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) case covers and sleeves
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.