At the end of June, Amazon announced the details of the upcoming Prime Day 2017 – a yearly shopping event addressed exclusively to members of Prime multi-benefit subscription.
Prime Day 2017 will be held this year on Tuesday, June 11, but some of the announced deals are already running. One of them is a Kindle Unlimited promotion.
Just like a year ago, Amazon Prime members can save between 25% and 40% on Kindle Unlimited prepaid plans. The longer subscription plan you choose the more you save:
- 6 months – $44.95
$59.94– save 25%,
- 12 months – $80.32
$119.88– save 33%,
- 24 months – $143.85
$239.76– save 40%.
There are a few things to keep in mind when you decide to benefit from a subscription.
First of all, there is no free trial. If you purchase Kindle Unlimited via the promotional page, your credit card will be immediately charged for the entire period. For instance, if you pick up the 12-month plan, and would like to stop Kindle Unlimited after 2 months, you won’t get back the money for the remaining 10 months.
Secondly, as this promotion is addressed exclusively to Prime members, you have to subscribe to Prime first in order to be eligible to get the Kindle Unlimited deal.
The last thing is that if you are a current Kindle Unlimited monthly subscriber (and an Amazon Prime member, obviously), you can redeem this offer and automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the prepaid subscription you’ve picked.
Before you decide to buy the prepaid Kindle Unlimited subscription, take a look at Prime Reading. It’s a part of Amazon Prime membership and it’s addressed to users who like to read – maybe you don’t need Kindle Unlimited at all.
Amazon Prime Reading gives unlimited access to a rotating selection of hot Kindle ebooks, popular magazines, children’s books, comics, and short reads.
The rotating list of Prime Reading eligible titles includes some 1,000 publications, and it’s updated every month – not only with current issues of popular magazines but also new digital books.
Prime Reading vs. Kindle Unlimited
|Prime Reading||Kindle Unlimited|
|What is it||Part of Amazon Prime multi-benefit subscription||Standalone digital subscription|
|What you get||Access to 1,000 Kindle books, magazines, and comics||Access to 1.4 million Kindle books and magazines|
|Eligible devices||Kindle e-readers,
|Eligible applications||Kindle for iOS,
Kindle for Android
|Kindle for iOS,
Kindle for Android
Amazon Prime – a complete list of benefits
- Free Two-Day Shipping – on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S.,
- Free Same-Day Delivery – in certain areas,
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – you can borrow one book each calendar month; the catalog includes over 1,000,000 ebooks,
- Kindle First – early access to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks,
- Audible Channels – free access to original audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources,
- Prime Reading – free access to over 1,000 top Kindle books, magazines, and comics,
- Prime Instant Video – unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes,
- Prime Music – unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime playlists and more than a million songs,
- Prime Photos – secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive,
- Prime Pantry – members can purchase low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99,
- Amazon Elements – access to Amazon’s line of everyday essentials,
- Prime Early Access – 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals and new events on MyHabit.com,
- Membership sharing – Prime members may share the account with up to four eligible household members living at the same address.
• • •
More posts for Kindle users:
- Deal alert: save on 13 Kindle bestsellers for your summer reading list
- This Kindle Unlimited book was downloaded most often during Prime Day 2017
- Prime Day 2017 – a complete list of Kindle and Fire deals
- Today only, get 20 Kindle bestsellers for $2.99 or less (Prime-exclusive)
- Mid-year book lists: Amazon best books and bestsellers of 2017 so far
Tips and tricks
A Chrome extension lets you discover a book every time you open a new tab
100 Million Books extension for Chrome browser is a friendly reminder to read great books.
A website lets judge a book by its first page, not a cover
Recommend Me a Book website displays the first page of a random popular book, so that you can start reading it right away.
8 best keyboard cases you can use with your Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet
A list of the best Samsung Galaxy Tab keyboard cases. Includes both cases for specific models and universal keyboard cases.
8 best gift ideas for the Nook owner in your life
Here are some ideas to let you pick the perfect gift for someone who is addicted to reading Nook books.
50 motivating quotes about books and reading
A list of most wonderful and motivating quotes about books and reading. Share them as text or pictures.
50 best Kobo cases, sleeves, and accessories for 2017
An updated list of the best Kobo case covers, sleeves, and accessories. Kobo Aura One, Aura Edition 2, Aura H2O, Mini, Glo HD, Touch 2.0.