At the end of June, Amazon announced the details of the upcoming Prime Day 2017 – a yearly shopping event addressed exclusively to members of Prime multi-benefit subscription.
Prime Day 2017 will be held this year on Tuesday, June 11, but some of the announced deals are already running. One of them is a Kindle Unlimited promotion.
Just like a year ago, Amazon Prime members can save between 25% and 40% on Kindle Unlimited prepaid plans. The longer subscription plan you choose the more you save:
- 6 months – $44.95
$59.94– save 25%,
- 12 months – $80.32
$119.88– save 33%,
- 24 months – $143.85
$239.76– save 40%.
There are a few things to keep in mind when you decide to benefit from a subscription.
First of all, there is no free trial. If you purchase Kindle Unlimited via the promotional page, your credit card will be immediately charged for the entire period. For instance, if you pick up the 12-month plan, and would like to stop Kindle Unlimited after 2 months, you won’t get back the money for the remaining 10 months.
Secondly, as this promotion is addressed exclusively to Prime members, you have to subscribe to Prime first in order to be eligible to get the Kindle Unlimited deal.
The last thing is that if you are a current Kindle Unlimited monthly subscriber (and an Amazon Prime member, obviously), you can redeem this offer and automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the prepaid subscription you’ve picked.
Before you decide to buy the prepaid Kindle Unlimited subscription, take a look at Prime Reading. It’s a part of Amazon Prime membership and it’s addressed to users who like to read – maybe you don’t need Kindle Unlimited at all.
Amazon Prime Reading gives unlimited access to a rotating selection of hot Kindle ebooks, popular magazines, children’s books, comics, and short reads.
The rotating list of Prime Reading eligible titles includes some 1,000 publications, and it’s updated every month – not only with current issues of popular magazines but also new digital books.
Prime Reading vs. Kindle Unlimited
|Prime Reading||Kindle Unlimited|
|What is it||Part of Amazon Prime multi-benefit subscription||Standalone digital subscription|
|What you get||Access to 1,000 Kindle books, magazines, and comics||Access to 1.4 million Kindle books and magazines|
|Eligible devices||Kindle e-readers,
|Eligible applications||Kindle for iOS,
Kindle for Android
|Kindle for iOS,
Kindle for Android
Amazon Prime – a complete list of benefits
- Free Two-Day Shipping – on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S.,
- Free Same-Day Delivery – in certain areas,
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – you can borrow one book each calendar month; the catalog includes over 1,000,000 ebooks,
- Kindle First – early access to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks,
- Audible Channels – free access to original audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources,
- Prime Reading – free access to over 1,000 top Kindle books, magazines, and comics,
- Prime Instant Video – unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes,
- Prime Music – unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime playlists and more than a million songs,
- Prime Photos – secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive,
- Prime Pantry – members can purchase low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99,
- Amazon Elements – access to Amazon’s line of everyday essentials,
- Prime Early Access – 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals and new events on MyHabit.com,
- Membership sharing – Prime members may share the account with up to four eligible household members living at the same address.
• • •
More posts for Kindle users:
- Today only, save on over 20 most sought-after biographies for Kindle
- Get a chance to win Dan Brown’s “Origin” by signing up for Kindle Daily Deal newsletter
- 39 best Valentine’s Day 2018 deals for tech and book lovers
- Today only, 50 most wished for Kindle books are up to 80% off
- How much does Amazon Prime membership cost in your country? (comparison)
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Kindle.
Start the discussion
Tips and tricks
Which waterproof e-reader is the best for your needs? (comparison)
We’ve compared waterproof e-readers from Amazon, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble to let you realize water resistance is not the most important feature.
Kindle Oasis 2 – things you should know before buying it
Pros and cons of the second-generation Kindle Oasis explained from a user’s point of view.
Case covers for Kindle Oasis 2 that you might have missed
Here are case elegant but affordable covers and sleeves designed by third-party producers to fit Kindle Oasis e-reader (second generation, released in 2017). They are a great alternative to the original Amazon Origami stand case.
25 unique cases and sleeves for the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9
A selection of the most functional covers and sleeves designed for Apple iPad Pro tablets released in 2017: Pro 10.5 and Pro 12.9. Leather sleeves, keyboard cases, stand covers, rotating stands, military-grade cases, and more. Amazon, Etsy, Otterbox.
50 best Amazon Fire cases and accessories to buy in 2018
A list of the best case covers and accessories for Amazon Kindle Fire tablets: Fire 7, Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, and older models. Plus a selection of the best accessories: power chargers, screen protectors, stands, and more.
50 most inspirational quotes from books
An extended list of the most inspirational book quotes of all time: J.K. Rowling, Sylvia Plath, Oscar Wilde, Neil Gaiman, John Green, among others.