Amazon has just announced four new Fire models. Two of them are the next-generation Fire tablets (7″ and 8″). Two other are their special editions addressed to children.
All the models, plus original cases from Amazon, can be already pre-ordered. Shipping starts on June 7, 2017.
The same day the new models were announced, Amazon started a promotion aimed at users who are familiar with Fire-Alexa ecosystem, already own Amazon’s tablets at their homes and think it’s a good time for an upgrade.
The deal here is simple. Buy any three 2017 Fire tablets to get a 20% discount.
All you have to do is to add to your shopping cart any combination of the new models. Then, at checkout, apply the promotion code “FIRE3PACK”, and you’ll see the price instantly going down.
So, what are the new models? The ones you can save extra 20%? Here they are:
- Amazon Fire 7 – the new entry-level Fire is thinner and lighter than its predecessor, has better battery and improved screen. It comes in four new colors and has Alexa on board. The price is kept at the same level – $49.99,
- Amazon Fire HD 8 – two storage options (16 and 32 GB), expandable to 256 GB via micro SD card, the 1280 × 800 (189 ppi) HD 8-inch screen, Alexa, and four new colors – all for $79.99 – which is $10 less than its predecessor,
- Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition – the new 7-inch Fire in a kid-friendly case (in one of three colors), 2-year worry-free guarantee, and one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. The regular price is $99.99,
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition – the same set of benefits as above, but inclucing the 8-inch Fire HD 8. Price: $129.99.
Amazon is encouraging customers to make family decisions instead of buying devices for individual members every time there is a need for a replacement.
This promotion is limited in time. If supplies don’t run out earlier, it will most probably last until the official release date, which is June 7.
The offer is limited to one per customer and account. So, for instance, if you add to cart six new Amazon Fire tablets, you won’t see the 20% discount applied to six but three devices only.
• • •
Interested in Amazon and Kindle? Check out these recent posts:
- Mid-year book lists: Amazon best books and bestsellers of 2017 so far
- Your Kindle highlights and notes are now easier to access
- Amazon Charts – top 10 facts about the next-generation bestseller lists
- Amazon Fire 7 (2017) – tech specs, comparisons, pictures, and more
- 22 short stories and short story collections you have to read in 2017
Tips and tricks
Amazon launches thinner Fire 7 and cheaper Fire HD 8
Amazon Fire 7 priced at $49.99, Amazon Fire HD 8 ($79.99), Fire 7 Kids Edition ($99.99), and Fire Kids Edition HD 8 ($129.99) are available for pre-order. Shipping starts on June 7, 2017.
Kindle Unlimited in questions and answers
Kindle Unlimited Q&A: most common questions about Amazon’s ebook subscription answered in a simplest possible way.
15 unique cases and sleeves for the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9
A selection of the most functional covers and sleeves designed for Apple iPad Pro tablets released in 2017: Pro 10.5 and Pro 12.9. Leather sleeves, keyboard cases, stand covers, and more. Amazon, Etsy, Otterbox.
7 best gift ideas for the Kobo user in your life
Here are some ideas to let you pick the perfect gift for someone who is addicted to reading Kobo books.
50 awesome posters that encourage to read
A list of most awesome read posters from Etsy, Zazzle, Redbubble, Society6 and AllPosters. For all needs and tastes.
50 most popular images about books, reading, and libraries
A list of images about books, reading, and libraries, that were most frequently shared on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media networks.