Have you ever thought what is the most frequently used word in the English language?
Abacaba, the YouTube channel specializing in visualizing data, has the answer. The video uses stats from Google Ngram Viewer while referring to an extensive article English Letter Frequency Counts written by Peter Norvig, the Director of Research at Google.
The distillation of book data via Ngram Viewer gives 97,565 distinct words. In total, they were mentioned 743,842,922,321 times.
The winners are here. The most frequently used English words is “the”, followed by “of”, “and”, and “to.”
Via Design Taxi.
- There is no better white noise than the old library (video)
- How to dry a book that has been water damaged (video)
- John Green shares 26 exciting facts about libraries (video)
- Stunning animation cleverly plays with the meaning of words (video)
- This machine can remove dust from over 5,000 books per day (video)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!