If you are looking for deals on premium reads from the New York Times bestselling authors, both fiction and non-fiction, get ready for the harvest time.
Today only, on August 13, 2017, until midnight, Pacific time, Kindle Daily Deal features over 30 New York Times bestsellers at prices reduced to even $1.99.
The list includes such famous novels as Divergent by Veronica Roth (today it costs $2.99 instead of
$12.99), Katherine Applegate’s The One and Only Ivan ($2.99 $7.99), or The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry from Gabrielle Zevin ($2.99 $14.99).
It’s worth taking a closer look at the less popular books. Two books drew our attention. Crazy Horse and Custer from Stephen Ambrose, the author of Band of Brothers is a biography of two fighters linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn, which took place in 1876. The book costs today $1.99, while the digital list price is set at
The other books (it’s the one that I’ve just bought), is Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis. The eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest battles of World War II can be bought today for $1.99, instead of
Select New York Times bestsellers from $1.99
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel by Gabrielle Zevin – $1.99
- The Identicals: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand – $4.99
- 16th Seduction (Women’s Murder Club) by James Patterson – $4.99
- Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream by Doris Kearns Goodwin – $1.99
- Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels) by Greg Iles – $3.99
- Price of Duty: A Novel (Patrick McLanahan) by Dale Brown – $1.99
- The Burial Hour (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel) by Jeffery Deaver – $3.99
- Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1) by Veronica Roth – $2.99
- The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast series) by Douglas Preston – $3.99
- The Mothers: A Novel by Brit Bennett – $3.99
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West – $2.99
- The Unlikely Spy by Daniel Silva – $1.99
- This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – $2.99
- The Fall of Japan: The Final Weeks of World War II in the Pacific by William Craig – $1.99
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate – $2.99
- War Cry: A Courtney Family Novel by Wilbur Smith – $2.99
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown – $1.99
- Garden of Lamentations: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels) by Deborah Crombie – $2.99
- Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It by Josh Axe – $1.99
- Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis – $2.99
- The Water Is Wide: A Memoir by Pat Conroy – $1.99
- Blood Flag: A Paul Madriani Novel by Steve Martini – $1.99
- The Hanging Judge: A Novel (The Judge Norcross Novels) by Michael Ponsor – $1.99
- Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors by Stephen Ambrose – $1.99
- The Interestings: A Novel by Meg Wolitzer – $3.99
- In This House of Brede: A Novel by Rumer Godden – $1.99
- Lust & Wonder: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs – $2.99
- Return of the King: LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Greatest Comeback in NBA History by Brian Windhorst – $3.99
- Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry – $2.99
- Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness by William Clark Styron – $1.99
- Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis – $1.99
- Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends by Martin Lindstrom – $2.99
- Great Lion of God: A Novel About Saint Paul by Taylor Caldwell – $1.99
No. 1 New York Times Bestseller: The definitive eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest and most pivotal battles of World War II.
On August 7, 1942, eleven thousand US Marines landed on Tulagi and Guadalcanal Islands in the South Pacific. It was the first major Allied offensive against Japanese forces; the first time in history that a combined air, land, and sea assault had ever been attempted.
Volunteer combat correspondent Richard Tregaskis was one of only two journalists on hand to witness the invasion of Guadalcanal.
In understated yet graceful prose, Tregaskis details the first two months of the campaign and describes the courage and camaraderie of young marines who prepared for battle knowing that one in four of them wouldn’t make it home.
Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors
A New York Times bestseller from the author of Band of Brothers: The biography of two fighters forever linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn.
On the sparkling morning of June 25, 1876, 611 men of the United States 7th Cavalry rode toward the banks of Little Bighorn in the Montana Territory, where three thousand Indians stood waiting for battle.
The lives of two great warriors would soon be forever linked throughout history: Crazy Horse, leader of the Oglala Sioux, and General George Armstrong Custer. Both were men of aggression and supreme courage. Both became leaders in their societies at very early ages.
Both were stripped of power, in disgrace, and worked to earn back the respect of their people. And to both of them, the unspoiled grandeur of the Great Plains of North America was an irresistible challenge. Their parallel lives would pave the way, in a manner unknown to either, for an inevitable clash between two nations fighting for possession of the open prairie.
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are other posts for Kindle users:
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 price watch – Kindle, Fire, Echo, and more
- How to give a single Kindle book to multiple recipients
- Amazon reveals top 20 picks for the best book of 2018 so far
- The price of Kindle Voyage has dropped to $149.99 and it’s not a deal
- Amazon launched an option to gift multiple copies of a single Kindle book
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Kindle.
Start the discussion
Tips and tricks
Best iPad and iPhone book-reading apps you should be using in 2018
Want to read more books on your iPad or iPhone? Why using one app, if you could use a combination of your most favorite ones? Marvin 3, Gerty, Libby, or Leio are on the list of the best book-reading apps you should be using this year.
Tablet for kids – when the regular Fire is better than Kids Edition
Want to buy a tablet for kids? Amazon Fire Kids Edition or the regular Fire tablet? This post will help you choose.
These literature-inspired tea blends will make a great gift for every book lover
The Literary Tea Company is a one-stop shopping destination for anyone who is looking for unique gifts for the book lover.
12 best keyboards and keyboard cases for the iPad
A list of versatile keyboards for current iPad models. Foldable keyboards, cases with built-in keyboards, universal keyboard stands, and more.
50 awesome posters that encourage to read
A list of most awesome read posters from Etsy, Zazzle, Redbubble, Society6 and AllPosters. For all needs and tastes.
50 illustrations that cleverly describe what books are about
The best illustrations about books and reading. By Paweł Kuczyński, Andrea De Santis, Jungho Lee, Gürbüz Doğan Ekşioğlu, Dale Edwin Murray, and Mariusz Stawarski, among others.