If you are looking for deals on premium reads from the New York Times bestselling authors, both fiction and non-fiction, get ready for the harvest time.
Today only, on August 13, 2017, until midnight, Pacific time, Kindle Daily Deal features over 30 New York Times bestsellers at prices reduced to even $1.99.
The list includes such famous novels as Divergent by Veronica Roth (today it costs $2.99 instead of
$12.99), Katherine Applegate’s The One and Only Ivan ($2.99 $7.99), or The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry from Gabrielle Zevin ($2.99 $14.99).
It’s worth taking a closer look at the less popular books. Two books drew our attention. Crazy Horse and Custer from Stephen Ambrose, the author of Band of Brothers is a biography of two fighters linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn, which took place in 1876. The book costs today $1.99, while the digital list price is set at
The other books (it’s the one that I’ve just bought), is Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis. The eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest battles of World War II can be bought today for $1.99, instead of
Select New York Times bestsellers from $1.99
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel by Gabrielle Zevin – $1.99
- The Identicals: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand – $4.99
- 16th Seduction (Women’s Murder Club) by James Patterson – $4.99
- Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream by Doris Kearns Goodwin – $1.99
- Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels) by Greg Iles – $3.99
- Price of Duty: A Novel (Patrick McLanahan) by Dale Brown – $1.99
- The Burial Hour (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel) by Jeffery Deaver – $3.99
- Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1) by Veronica Roth – $2.99
- The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast series) by Douglas Preston – $3.99
- The Mothers: A Novel by Brit Bennett – $3.99
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West – $2.99
- The Unlikely Spy by Daniel Silva – $1.99
- This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – $2.99
- The Fall of Japan: The Final Weeks of World War II in the Pacific by William Craig – $1.99
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate – $2.99
- War Cry: A Courtney Family Novel by Wilbur Smith – $2.99
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown – $1.99
- Garden of Lamentations: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels) by Deborah Crombie – $2.99
- Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It by Josh Axe – $1.99
- Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis – $2.99
- The Water Is Wide: A Memoir by Pat Conroy – $1.99
- Blood Flag: A Paul Madriani Novel by Steve Martini – $1.99
- The Hanging Judge: A Novel (The Judge Norcross Novels) by Michael Ponsor – $1.99
- Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors by Stephen Ambrose – $1.99
- The Interestings: A Novel by Meg Wolitzer – $3.99
- In This House of Brede: A Novel by Rumer Godden – $1.99
- Lust & Wonder: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs – $2.99
- Return of the King: LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Greatest Comeback in NBA History by Brian Windhorst – $3.99
- Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry – $2.99
- Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness by William Clark Styron – $1.99
- Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis – $1.99
- Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends by Martin Lindstrom – $2.99
- Great Lion of God: A Novel About Saint Paul by Taylor Caldwell – $1.99
No. 1 New York Times Bestseller: The definitive eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest and most pivotal battles of World War II.
On August 7, 1942, eleven thousand US Marines landed on Tulagi and Guadalcanal Islands in the South Pacific. It was the first major Allied offensive against Japanese forces; the first time in history that a combined air, land, and sea assault had ever been attempted.
Volunteer combat correspondent Richard Tregaskis was one of only two journalists on hand to witness the invasion of Guadalcanal.
In understated yet graceful prose, Tregaskis details the first two months of the campaign and describes the courage and camaraderie of young marines who prepared for battle knowing that one in four of them wouldn’t make it home.
Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors
A New York Times bestseller from the author of Band of Brothers: The biography of two fighters forever linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn.
On the sparkling morning of June 25, 1876, 611 men of the United States 7th Cavalry rode toward the banks of Little Bighorn in the Montana Territory, where three thousand Indians stood waiting for battle.
The lives of two great warriors would soon be forever linked throughout history: Crazy Horse, leader of the Oglala Sioux, and General George Armstrong Custer. Both were men of aggression and supreme courage. Both became leaders in their societies at very early ages.
Both were stripped of power, in disgrace, and worked to earn back the respect of their people. And to both of them, the unspoiled grandeur of the Great Plains of North America was an irresistible challenge. Their parallel lives would pave the way, in a manner unknown to either, for an inevitable clash between two nations fighting for possession of the open prairie.
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are other posts for Kindle users:
- Download free books to your Kindle app for iPad and iPhone
- These Christmas deals on Kindle and Fire are almost as good as during Cyber Monday
- Kindle & Fire Bundle is a great gift for the family of booklovers – and now it’s $35 off
- Here are top 100 most popular Kindle books of 2017
- 15 best bookish gifts of 2017 – a holiday gift guide for book lovers
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Kindle.
Tips and tricks
Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) – first impressions of a regular user
Compare what you expect from the Fire tablet you plan to buy with the first thoughts of someone who has just received…
Kindle e-reader or Fire tablet? This questionnaire will help you choose
This questionnaire, accompanied by simple tips, will help Amazon users choose between a Fire tablet and Kindle e-reader.
35 gifts your dad will love as much as he loves books
A list of the unique gifts for the dad who has everything and who loves reading books. Personal accessories, home decor ideas, tech gadgets, digital subscriptions, Kindle bundles, and more.
15 cases for Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) that combine functionality with style
Best cases for Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet released in 2017. Advanced functionality, unique style, affordable price. Folio cases, slim shell covers, felt sleeves, and keyboard cases. Enjoy!
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, candles, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader case covers.
50 best Kindle cases and accessories to buy in 2017
Find the best Kindle cases and accessories for the basic Kindle, Paperwhite, Voyage, and Oasis. The list includes items not only from Amazon, but also Etsy, Caseable, eBay, and other sites.