If you are looking for deals on premium reads from the New York Times bestselling authors, both fiction and non-fiction, get ready for the harvest time.
Today only, on August 13, 2017, until midnight, Pacific time, Kindle Daily Deal features over 30 New York Times bestsellers at prices reduced to even $1.99.
The list includes such famous novels as Divergent by Veronica Roth (today it costs $2.99 instead of
$12.99), Katherine Applegate’s The One and Only Ivan ($2.99 $7.99), or The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry from Gabrielle Zevin ($2.99 $14.99).
It’s worth taking a closer look at the less popular books. Two books drew our attention. Crazy Horse and Custer from Stephen Ambrose, the author of Band of Brothers is a biography of two fighters linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn, which took place in 1876. The book costs today $1.99, while the digital list price is set at
The other books (it’s the one that I’ve just bought), is Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis. The eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest battles of World War II can be bought today for $1.99, instead of
Select New York Times bestsellers from $1.99
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel by Gabrielle Zevin – $1.99
- The Identicals: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand – $4.99
- 16th Seduction (Women’s Murder Club) by James Patterson – $4.99
- Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream by Doris Kearns Goodwin – $1.99
- Mississippi Blood: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels) by Greg Iles – $3.99
- Price of Duty: A Novel (Patrick McLanahan) by Dale Brown – $1.99
- The Burial Hour (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel) by Jeffery Deaver – $3.99
- Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1) by Veronica Roth – $2.99
- The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast series) by Douglas Preston – $3.99
- The Mothers: A Novel by Brit Bennett – $3.99
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West – $2.99
- The Unlikely Spy by Daniel Silva – $1.99
- This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – $2.99
- The Fall of Japan: The Final Weeks of World War II in the Pacific by William Craig – $1.99
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate – $2.99
- War Cry: A Courtney Family Novel by Wilbur Smith – $2.99
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown – $1.99
- Garden of Lamentations: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels) by Deborah Crombie – $2.99
- Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It by Josh Axe – $1.99
- Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis – $2.99
- The Water Is Wide: A Memoir by Pat Conroy – $1.99
- Blood Flag: A Paul Madriani Novel by Steve Martini – $1.99
- The Hanging Judge: A Novel (The Judge Norcross Novels) by Michael Ponsor – $1.99
- Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors by Stephen Ambrose – $1.99
- The Interestings: A Novel by Meg Wolitzer – $3.99
- In This House of Brede: A Novel by Rumer Godden – $1.99
- Lust & Wonder: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs – $2.99
- Return of the King: LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Greatest Comeback in NBA History by Brian Windhorst – $3.99
- Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry – $2.99
- Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness by William Clark Styron – $1.99
- Guadalcanal Diary by Richard Tregaskis – $1.99
- Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends by Martin Lindstrom – $2.99
- Great Lion of God: A Novel About Saint Paul by Taylor Caldwell – $1.99
No. 1 New York Times Bestseller: The definitive eyewitness account of one of the bloodiest and most pivotal battles of World War II.
On August 7, 1942, eleven thousand US Marines landed on Tulagi and Guadalcanal Islands in the South Pacific. It was the first major Allied offensive against Japanese forces; the first time in history that a combined air, land, and sea assault had ever been attempted.
Volunteer combat correspondent Richard Tregaskis was one of only two journalists on hand to witness the invasion of Guadalcanal.
In understated yet graceful prose, Tregaskis details the first two months of the campaign and describes the courage and camaraderie of young marines who prepared for battle knowing that one in four of them wouldn’t make it home.
Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors
A New York Times bestseller from the author of Band of Brothers: The biography of two fighters forever linked by history and the battle at Little Bighorn.
On the sparkling morning of June 25, 1876, 611 men of the United States 7th Cavalry rode toward the banks of Little Bighorn in the Montana Territory, where three thousand Indians stood waiting for battle.
The lives of two great warriors would soon be forever linked throughout history: Crazy Horse, leader of the Oglala Sioux, and General George Armstrong Custer. Both were men of aggression and supreme courage. Both became leaders in their societies at very early ages.
Both were stripped of power, in disgrace, and worked to earn back the respect of their people. And to both of them, the unspoiled grandeur of the Great Plains of North America was an irresistible challenge. Their parallel lives would pave the way, in a manner unknown to either, for an inevitable clash between two nations fighting for possession of the open prairie.
• • •
Keep exploring. Here are other posts for Kindle users:
- What do we think about ebooks (infographic)
- Here are all back-to-school deals on Amazon Fire and Kindle devices
- How to cancel Kindle Unlimited subscription
- Deal alert: save on 13 Kindle bestsellers for your summer reading list
- This Kindle Unlimited book was downloaded most often during Prime Day 2017
Tips and tricks
Your Kindle highlights and notes are now easier to access
Amazon is moving your Kindle highlights and notes to a new place, which can be easily accessed from your phone or tablet.
Waterproof Kobo Aura H2O 2017 – tech specs, comparisons, pics, more
Everything you wanted to know about the new waterproof 6.8-inch Kobo Aura H20 (2017). Product details, comparisons with other waterproof e-readers, full tech specs, and more.
11 Nook Tablet 7 (2016) cases for different needs and tastes
Best examples of case covers for Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 7 (2016) – both original and third-party.
8 best keyboard cases you can use with your Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet
A list of the best Samsung Galaxy Tab keyboard cases. Includes both cases for specific models and universal keyboard cases.
50 awesome literary t-shirts for book lovers
A selection of the coolest literary t-shirts that will help express how much you love books. Tees from Etsy, Zazzle, Threadless, Society6, CafePress, and Amazon.
50 most popular images about books, reading, and libraries
A list of images about books, reading, and libraries, that were most frequently shared on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media networks.