If you are a college student, you are eligible to participate in Prime Student multi-benefit program.
The subscription gives members unlimited access to music, videos, ebooks, and dozens of other benefits, with a free two-day shipping being one of the most attractive ones.
One of the most interesting features is Amazon Prime Reading. It gives unlimited access to a rotating list of hot Kindle ebooks, popular magazines, children’s books, comics, and short reads. The list includes approximately 1,000 titles and is being refreshed by Amazon editors every month.
Currently, Prime Student members (or anyone who joins the program during the promotion) can get from $30 to $50 off when buying a Kindle e-reader.
Kindle deal for Prime Student members
How much can you save and on which Kindle models? Three Kindle e-readers are included in the offer: the basic Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite (in White and Black), and Kindle Voyage. There are no Kindle bundles on the list. The most expensive model, the Oasis, is also excluded.
Here are the details of the Kindle promotion for Prime Student members:
- Save $30 on the basic Kindle – the entry-level Kindle can be bought at the price lowered by $30, to $49.99 (
$79.99). The discount is similar to what you can get during the Black Friday or Cyber Monday, so why wait?
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite (Black) – the same saving can be achieved when you decide to buy the front-lighted Kindle. This model is better than the basic Kindle, as you can read on it in the evening in poor light. Until September 14, Prime Student members save $30 and pay $89.99 instead of
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite (White) – the same deal is offered on the white version of the Kindle Paperwhite. It will cost you $89.99 instead of
$119.99, and you will save $30,
- Save $50 on Kindle Voyage – there is also the deal on the top-shelf Kindle model. $50 is one of the highest price reductions on the Kindle e-reader ever made. The deal is more attractive than offered during hot shopping seasons. The price for Prime Student members goes down to $149.99, and you save 25%, compared to the regular
To participate in the promotion, you’ll have to be a Prime Student member. It doesn’t matter whether you joined a year or an hour ago.
After you add the Kindle to the cart and proceed to checkout, Amazon verifies your eligibility. If you are a Prime Student member, the discount will be automatically applied to the Kindle you’ve chosen.
Make sure to complete your order before 9:50 PM, Pacific Standard Time, September 14, 2017. Otherwise, even if you are eligible, you won’t get a discount on the Kindle.
Here are more details about the Kindle promotion for Prime Student members.
We’d love to see the similar deal on Amazon Fire tablets. Be sure we’ll share the details the moment we spot it.
How to join Prime Student
As I’ve already mentioned, you don’t have to be a current paid subscriber to Prime Student – you are also eligible if you are still in the free trial period.
And it means you can join Prime Student any time, and you can get a discount on the Kindle right after you verify your .edu email address.
Prime Student is a version of an extensive Amazon Prime membership program that has been adjusted for college students.
There are two major benefits of Prime Student over the regular Prime:
- 6 months of the free trial – the regular customer can try the subscription for 30 days before the first fee is being processed, but students can enjoy the free trial for five more months, thanks to Sprint,
- 50% off the Prime membership fee – the yearly fee for regular customers is $99. It means after six months of the free trial, you’ll pay only $50. You will be eligible for the discount for four years or until you graduate, whichever comes first.
The extended trial of Prime Student doesn’t unlock all the features, but the free two-day shipping is included, so you’ll save a few more dollars on the shipping rates.
• • •
More posts for Amazon customers:
- How to cancel Amazon Prime subscription and get a refund
- 3 easy ways to find Prime Day eligible deals on Amazon
- Here are 100 best Kindle authors of all time
- On Prime Day 2018, you can buy Kindle Paperwhite for only $79.99
- 4 things not to do on Amazon Prime Day
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Amazon.
Start the discussion
Tips and tricks
When is the best time to join Amazon Prime?
There are two times during the year when subscribing to Prime will bring most benefits – before Prime Day and before Black Friday.
How to give a single Kindle book to multiple recipients
A new Kindle Store feature lets you give a single Kindle book to multiple recipients. Here is how to do it.
Case covers for Kindle Oasis 2 that you might have missed
Here are case elegant but affordable covers and sleeves designed by third-party producers to fit Kindle Oasis e-reader (second generation, released in 2017). They are a great alternative to the original Amazon Origami stand case.
10 premium iPad Pro sleeves hand-crafted from genuine leather and felt
Premium sleeves for iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9, hand-crafted from genuine leather and natural felt. Options with or without Apple Pencil holder, for iPad with Smart Cover and Smart Keyboard. Personalization options are available.
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, candles, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader case covers.
50 short books for busy people
Best short books you can read in less than three hours. Novels and novellas you can’t miss, short stories, and most interesting non-fiction books.