IFTTT (if this than that) is an extremely useful online tool, which lets automate several daily web tasks. I’m pretty addicted to the service, and not only use several recipes found here, but also try to create new ones (by the way, so far they were used more than 1,000 times!).
A next bunch of IFTTT recipes is about tracking Woot deals for items that ebook lovers should find interesting:
- Woot deal on iPad or iPad-related item ⇢ send me an email
- Woot deal on Kindle or Kindle-related item ⇢ send me an email
- Woot deal on Nook or Nook-related item ⇢ send me an email
- Woot deal on Kobo or Kobo-related item ⇢ send me an email
The recipes use Woot’s RSS feed, and fire an email every time they’ll find a relevant keyword in the feed’s content. For instance, if you pick up the iPad recipe, you’ll get notified of any deal that is related to iPad – not only the tablet itself, but also covers and accessories for Apple’s flagship device.
Opposite to Amazon Gold Box Deals, there won’t be too many emails from Woot crowding into your inbox. In fact, to increase a chance to catch the deal I decided to use Woot’s deal RSS feed (http://api.woot.com/1/sales/current.rss) instead of blog (http://www.woot.com/blog/feed.rss). In deal RSS feed there are all items listed, not only the main deal.
If you’re unfamiliar with Woot, it’s a site where discounted products are offered every day (Today’s Woot). The site pioneered the idea of “one deal a day”, where only one product was available for sale at a given time (and only for 24 hours). Now Woot offers other deals as well via Woot Plus feature.
How to use the recipe
1. Visit IFTTT, and if you don’t have an account, sign up in seconds.
2. Then, open Channels section (top navigation bar) and activate Email channel. Enter an email address you’d like to use to receive notifications from IFTTT. It can be different from an email address you used to sign up to IFTTT.
Make sure to send PIN to that email address. You’ll have to enter the PIN in order to activate the channel.
3. Now you’re ready to use the recipes. Pick up one from below:
4. Click on Use recipe button at the bottom. Done.
The greatest thing about IFTTT is that the service lets personalize or adjust several recipes. For instance, using one of the above recipes, you can set up your own keyword to track other products or brands. To do that, on a recipe’s page, click on a downward-looking arrow (see screenshot below – No. 1).
A panel with recipe’s elements will be revealed. Head to Keyword or simple phrase field, and replace the current word with the one you want to track (No.2).
• • •
More to check out:
- How to add large files to Kindle and Kindle apps for iOS, Android
- Amazon Prime Reading – most important things to know
- How to gift Kindle Unlimited ebook subscription
- Kindle Unlimited in questions and answers
- Kindle Store – a guide to deals, special sections, and features
Tips and tricks
Nook Store – a guide to deals, special sections, and features
Browse Barnes & Noble’s ebookstore easily. This list includes most important links to Nook Store: deals, bestsellers, special features, help pages, and more.
Kindle Store – a guide to deals, special sections, and features
Browse Kindle Store easily. Check out this handy list with Amazon ebookstore’s most important links: deals, bestsellers, special features, help pages, and more.
12 classy iPad Pro case covers and sleeves (9.7 and 12.9-inch)
iPad Pro 9.7 & 12.9 case covers and sleeves that are far more original than Apple’s original Smart Cover.
11 cases for Kobo Aura One and Aura Edition 2
The list includes original Kobo cases for Aura One and Aura Edition 2, as well as covers from other producers, found on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, and Rakuten.
10 protective cases for your Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016)
Check out the selection of Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016) case covers that are meant to fully protect your tablet from dust, scratches, and bumps.
12 best book gift ideas from Amazon Handmade
Amazon Handmade is an Etsy-like store with unique handcrafted goods. In this list you’ll see the best gifts for book lovers.