Did you know there is no single woman character in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit?
Sirrý & Smári, a team of visual storytellers based in Iceland, have designed an infographic following a gender study they conducted.
Gender ratio in popular fiction features famous works of fiction, from Hary Potter, to The Hobbit, to Star Wars.
In Friends TV series, women and men are equally represented. In Harry Potter series, two-thirds of characters are male, and one-third are female.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Design Taxi.
More infographics to check out:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.