We started this site to make finding books easier and more friendly. It’s using an Amazon Store module (Store tab), but we added a strong value to a site – a distraction-free environment, so needed to turn into a reading mode.
One of our founding missions is to help self-published authors find their readers. There is no better way to do it than help the reader focus on what the author wants to say about his book. That’s why we removed or hid all other information which usually accompanies – or dominates – the book’s blurb.
On top of a basic functionality we offer self-published authors two tools: online book previews and book directory. They are available for free. In exchange we would be more than happy, if you bring some traffic to the site. As you may realize, for the sake of being reader friendly, we are absolutely SEO unfriendly. That’s why we count on traffic from authors and readers who appreciate what we are doing.
Online book previews
Book previews are nothing else but Amazon’s Kindle for the Web technology, thanks to which users can read first chapters of books for free, but also embed previews on their sites and share them with friends.
You can find previews under Read Online tab or check one of the books right now.
We fully optimized the interface to ideally display Kindle for the Web embeds on our site. The goal was to achieve the look and feel of an e-reading application. All this to make two decisions happen at the same time: “I feel like reading a book” and “I want to read this book”.
Why would you want it? There are four reasons.
1. When you use a blog platform (f.e. WordPress) which doesn’t allow to embed html scripts.
2. Secondly, if your blog theme has a narrow post area and it’ll be difficult to display a book preview in an encouraging way.
3. Your book preview will be placed where readers come to browse and read free chapters online.
4. We can link to your book’s Amazon page with your Amazon associate tag (if you have it), so that you can earn money if the user buys it.
If you’re interested in adding your book to Read Online directory, please send to us:
– the link to your print book (it’s where Kindle for the Web previews are available); important: the book has to be published at Amazon US,
– your Twitter account, so that we can refer to you as soon as the preview is published as well as include you in our Twitter list of ebook friendly authors,
– your Amazon associate tag, if you have one (otherwise we’ll use eflyus-20).
It’s not our intention to be a review site. Our goal is to be a friendly and useful directory of valuable books from Kindle Store – with a special focus on self-published ones.
As we are associated with Amazon, apart from offering a better reading experience, we can give an extra exposure of your book, which you published there.
We offer three levels, where it can be placed:
1. Our catalog – which is different from Amazon’s Astore. The catalog is much smaller, therefore your book will be easier to find.
2. A list of Staff Picks – where we add books especially worth recommending.
3. Front page bookshelf – absolute top of the tops from Ebook Friendly – and a good promotional tool for you to use.
How to contact us
Please send the information to info [at] ebookfriendly [dot] com or fill the contact form below. You can contact us on Twitter any time. Feel free to ask any questions. We’re growing, any feedback is welcomed!
[contact-form subject=”Mail via EF” to=”email@example.com”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]