Traditional bookbinding seems to be a highly complicated and sophisticated job.
It is, when you have to restore an old book to look like new. But if you want to feel the happiness of making a notebook of your own, you’ll discover it’s easier than you think.
There is a great step-by-step bookbinding tutorial on Instructables. However, I prefer the video embedded above. It’s made by Jimmy DiResta, who has been binding notebooks for several years. He combines traditional bookbinding techniques with a few of his own tricks.
This book is made up of 10 signatures in total, with 7 pieces of paper in each. Seventy individual pieces of parchment 8.5″×11″ paper, folded in half, makes 140 pages in the book, and 280 page sides.
- There is no better white noise than the old library (video)
- How to dry a book that has been water damaged (video)
- John Green shares 26 exciting facts about libraries (video)
- Stunning animation cleverly plays with the meaning of words (video)
- This machine can remove dust from over 5,000 books per day (video)