The annual report prepared by International Publishers Association (IPA) includes interesting global publishing stats.
As Quartz points out just two countries, China and the United States, release almost half the world’s books:
Of the books released in 2015 by the 25 biggest book markets, China published 28% of the total, and the US 20%.
Click or tap the chart to see it enlarged.
Keep exploring. Here are other charts and infographics about books and publishing:
- A turn-by-turn guide to literary road trips across America (infographic)
- 9 science-backed ways to build a better brain (infographic)
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)