The annual report prepared by International Publishers Association (IPA) includes interesting global publishing stats.
As Quartz points out just two countries, China and the United States, release almost half the world’s books:
Of the books released in 2015 by the 25 biggest book markets, China published 28% of the total, and the US 20%.
Click or tap the chart to see it enlarged.
Keep exploring. Here are other charts and infographics about books and publishing:
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)
- 8 important things users want from a library (infographic)
- 11 libraries invaluable to world history (infographic)
- 15 proven ways to write faster and become a better writer (infographic)