The annual report prepared by International Publishers Association (IPA) includes interesting global publishing stats.
As Quartz points out just two countries, China and the United States, release almost half the world’s books:
Of the books released in 2015 by the 25 biggest book markets, China published 28% of the total, and the US 20%.
Click or tap the chart to see it enlarged.
Keep exploring. Here are other charts and infographics about books and publishing:
- How many libraries could the bestselling authors fill (infographic)
- How to find out which European language you are reading (flowchart)
- Censorship by the numbers (infographic)
- Top most challenged books of 2018 in the United States (infographic)
- How Shakespeare’s most iconic female characters got their names (infographic)