Issues to Readers is a video that shows nothing more than a live feed of book requests from the British Library’s book delivery system – and it’s beautiful.
Just let yourself follow the list and you’ll see the sheer diversity of content being used by the readers of the British Library.
The video is a part of the Living Knowledge campaign, setting up the British Library’s vision for its future development.
Living Knowledge sets out six core statements of purpose: custodianship, research, business, culture, learning and international and explains how we contribute to research, culture, education and economic prosperity, for the benefit not just of the UK but of users and partners around the world.
Via Mental Floss.
More videos to explore:
- How to dry a book that has been water damaged (video)
- John Green shares 26 exciting facts about libraries (video)
- Stunning animation cleverly plays with the meaning of words (video)
- This machine can remove dust from over 5,000 books per day (video)
- Kindle’s terms and conditions are as long as a novel (video)