Everyone knows reading is good, but sometimes we tend to forget about it, especially in view of, well, video screen.
One fact wins my mind more than anything else: reading for as little as 6 minutes can reduce stress by 60%.
The infographic is based on a summary “Reading Matters” that not only outlines most important benefits, but also cites the research to back it up. It’s available for free as a pdf file (here is a download link).
Below there is a quick list of benefits, and infographic itself. Don’t hesitate to visit the original page and explore the great site of National Reading Campaign.
What does reading do for us?
- Reading has an impact on every part of Canadian life. Our democracy, our economy, and the quality of our daily lives are all enhanced by reading well and critically.
- Reading is essential to the well-being of society and to our functioning as a democracy.
- Reading is a lifelong source of pleasure for individuals.
- Reading empowers the critical thinking skills of every individual.
- Reading can enhance empathy and lead to greater understanding of people who are different from ourselves. It increases our emotional intelligence and helps us to appreciate other points of view.
- Reading is essential to being able to function. It reduces barriers to access. It helps people to make meaning of their world.
- Reading lays the foundation for future learning. It increases our self-worth. It gives us the capacity for critical thinking.
- Reading inspires. It is a trigger for the imagination.
- Reading increases individuals’ health and economic well-being.
- Reading preserves the culture for the next generation. It creates a shared connection to the community.
- It is important for society to have a large portion of the population engaged as readers so they can exercise power over their lives and understand how to make effective changes. It allows them to be active citizens.
More infographics on Ebook Friendly:
Tips and tricks
Kindle Unlimited in questions and answers
Kindle Unlimited Q&A: most common questions about Amazon’s ebook subscription answered in a simplest possible way.
Kindle Store – a guide to deals, special sections, and features
Browse Kindle Store easily. Check out this handy list with Amazon ebookstore’s most important links: deals, bestsellers, special features, help pages, and more.
10 protective cases for your Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016)
Check out the selection of Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016) case covers that are meant to fully protect your tablet from dust, scratches, and bumps.
11 cases for Kobo Aura One and Aura Edition 2
The list includes original Kobo cases for Aura One and Aura Edition 2, as well as covers from other producers, found on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, and Rakuten.
20 vintage posters about books and libraries
A growing collection of the vintage book and library posters that range from the late 19th century to the 50s of the 20th century.
27 magical Harry Potter gifts and accessories
Check out the list of the most magical Harry Potter gifts – from jewelry to personal items, to posters and wall art, to scented candles, to clothing.