Cyber Monday is a great time to check out deals on digital content – ebooks, audiobooks, music, or videos. You can save not only on select titles but also on digital subscriptions.
Two popular membership programs from Amazon – Kindle Unlimited and Audible – are among the services that are offered at favorable conditions during the hottest shopping season.
The Cyber Monday deal on Kindle Unlimited is as exciting as last year, but as far as Audible is concerned, the price cut on the membership is not the deepest one.
Let’s see what deals are offered on Audible subscription and audiobooks.
Audible membership costs $14.95 per month (with a 30-day free trial). Currently, you can save 65% on the Audible Gold Membership.
How good is this deal? For three months, you will pay $4.95 per month, instead of
$14.95. If you don’t look into details, it looks like you can save 65% on the subscription.
There is, however, one condition that makes this offer less attractive – when you enter the deal, you won’t enjoy the 30-day three trial.
In other words, for three months you will pay $14.85 in total. If you buy the regular subscription, the cost for three months is $14.95 × 2 = $29.90 because you don’t pay for the first 30 days.
As a result, the real saving is the cost of one month of Audible membership. We’ve seen better deals than that. For Prime Day 2017, the first 6 months of the Gold plan could be bought with a 40% discount.
Audible Gold Membership
- 1 credit a month, good for any audiobook regardless of price,
- Your own library to build. Keep your audiobooks forever, even if you cancel,
- Exclusive member savings. Get 30% off any additional audiobooks,
- Easy exchanges. Don’t love the book? Swap it for free anytime. Seriously.
The deal runs since last week and ends on Tuesday midnight, November 28, 2017. Therefore, if you are not interested in getting an Audible membership, make sure to explore the discounted audiobooks as soon as possible.
Among the featured titles, you will find unabridged version of a novel by Jojo Moyes After You, narrated by Anna Acton. The deal price – $4.95 – means you can save as much as $26.55, as the regular price is
One of our favorite audiobooks currently offered for $4.95 is The Daily Show. It’s the complete uncensored history of the award-winning The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, as told by its correspondents, writers, and host himself.
Take a look at a few other interesting audiobooks that are now available for $4.95:
- A Life in Parts written and narrated by Bryan Cranston –
- A Criminal Defense by William L. Myers, with a narration by –
- 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi by Mitchell Zuckoff –
- Animal Farm by George Orwell, with a narration by Ralph Cosham –
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty, narrated by Caroline Lee –
- The Crossing by Michael Connelly, with a narration by Titus Welliver –
Audible offers one audiobook per day at a highly reduced price. The title featured on Cyber Monday 2017 is Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde, narrated by Lauren Ezzo and Janet Metzger.
Released in May 2017 by Brilliance Audio this unabridged version takes over 10 hours and tells the story of Bea and Allie, who, reluctant to trust each other, become friends and make their way up the Pacific Coast.
• • •
Interested in Audible? Keep exploring:
- 8 best Bluetooth speakers and headphones for your Kindle
- A perfect audiobook app – what features should it offer?
- 10 best audiobook apps for your iPad and iPhone
- Prime Day 2018 Kindle, Fire, and Echo deals – here is all you can get right now
- These Prime Day 2018 Audible and Kindle Unlimited deals are the best you can get