Do you want to know which words are most difficult to spell across the US?
Google Trends has come up with a cool infographic that shows the top spelling mistake for each state.
Their team has analyzed search queries that start with “how to spell”. Top searches in every state are presented in a map below.
Two words that cause spelling problems in several states are cancelled and desert. People living in Massachusetts have the biggest problem with Massachusetts, while Florida’s top spelling challenge is tomorrow.
Click or tap the map to see it in full resolution.
Via Mental Floss.
More infographics to explore:
- A turn-by-turn guide to literary road trips across America (infographic)
- 9 science-backed ways to build a better brain (infographic)
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)