If you buy an item via this post, we may get a small affiliate fee. Details.
After two months of almost no deals on Kindle e-readers, Amazon cuts prices on two models by up to $35.
Coronavirus pandemic changed the way the leading online retailer handles the sales of their own devices: Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, and a wealth of Alexa-enabled home appliances, including Echo smart speakers.
Customers are locked down in their homes and spend more time and money on online shopping. They buy more e-readers and tablets to help them better organize life that’s suddenly shrunk to four walls with no exit door.
Amazon stopped offering the deals on Kindle devices at the beginning of March. There were no usual deals connected with the promotion of National Reading Month. There were no deals in mid-April that the company usually offered before World Book Day. Users were buying Kindles at regular prices, so why offer the deals at all, right?
Well, something has changed two days ago. First reported by CNET, the Kindle deals are back! However, it’s not easy to spot them on Amazon – at least for now. There are no usual banners on the front page of the Kindle Store. These deals are not even listed on Amazon Device Deals page. You can notice that there is a price cut if you accidentally visit the product page of the Kindle model.
Let’s cut to the point. Here are the Kindle models you can get for Mother’s Day at prices reduced by up to 28%:
- Basic Kindle for $64.99 – the latest Kindle model, featuring smoother design and built-in front light, costs 28% less. Instead of the regular price (
$89.99), you pay $64.99 which means you keep in your pocket $25 – enough to get a decent Kindle case cover. This deal is better than what was offered for Mother’s Day 2019.
- Kindle Paperwhite for $94.99 – Amazon’s most popular e-reader model is waterproof, has an edge-to-edge front glass, and supports Audible audiobooks. You can buy it for you mom today and save $35, as the price is reduced from
$129.99to $94.99. The price cut on the 32 GB variant is even higher – $40 – so the price is now set at $119.99 instead of $159.99.
If you are looking for gift ideas, make sure to check out our updated guide to Mother’s Day gifts for book lovers.
• • •
We removed a comment system to increase your privacy and reduce distractions. If you’d like to discuss this article, we are waiting for you on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. You can also follow us on Google News or grab our RSS feed.
Don’t stop exploring. Here are recent posts for Kindle fans:
- Prime Day deal for non-members: save huge on 160 Kindle bestsellers!
- Not one but five Kindle Unlimited deals are available for Prime Day 2020
- Amazon now displays personalized Kindle deals for logged-in users
- There is a better Kindle Unlimited deal than what’s offered for Prime Day
- Book lovers’ guide to Prime Day 2020 deals available not only for subscribers