What kids think about ebooks? Here are 12 best quotes
Kids are our future. We adults complain that they spend too much time on gaming, on Facebook, or on texting.
Apparently this is not true. Kids have much more grown-up opinions about ebooks than we thought. Kids are extremely honest in describing the world, and they are surprisingly to-the-point. All this you can find also in their opinions about ebooks.
All quotes come from the 4th edition of the fantastic report on reading habits, called The Kids & Family Reading Report. This biannual report from Scholastic is based on a national survey sharing the views of both kids and parents - on reading and books in the increasingly digital world.
According to the report, as much as 46% of children have read an ebook. It’s almost twice as much as in 2010 (25%). Three in four kids who have read an ebook are reading ebooks at home. It doesn’t mean that ebooks turn children away from print books. 80% of kids who read ebooks still read books for fun primarily in print.
It’s a good thing to study the report. The quotes are just the fantastic teaser. And you don’t have to be a publishing expert to reach for The Kids & Family Reading Report. If you are a parent and think of what to do to make your child read more, ebooks are a great way to go. And this is what parents actually said in the report: 72% of them are interested in having their child read ebooks.
As Richard Robinson, Chairman of Scholastic Inc. said:
The formula for every child to become a successful reader is simple: have books available at home at all times and be a reading role model; allow children to read the books they choose to read; and set aside time – 20 minutes or more each day – to read books for fun.
The report is available for free in pdf format. Get it from Scholastic Media Room.
I’ve turned some of the quotes into images, to let you easier share them on social networks. They are placed at the end of the post. Enjoy and spread the word!
Kids’ best quotes about ebooks
It’s cool to read on an ereader.
– 11 year-old boy, New Jersey
I would like to get an ebook reader so I will want to read more books.
– 16 year-old boy, Ohio
I like to read ebooks in bed in the dark before falling asleep.
– 11 year-old girl, Georgia
I’m not sure how much I would like to read ebooks, but do want to try it!
– 13 year-old boy, California
It’s more fun, may cost less, and will help the environment.
– 10 year-old boy, Texas
You can tap on a word to see what it means and you can make the words big or small.
– 9 year-old girl, Virginia
I read more because I have an ereader.
– 14 year-old girl, Georgia
My ereader is easy to carry in my backpack wherever I go.
– 16 year-old girl, Wisconsin
Ebooks are fun to read anywhere.
– 9 year-old girl, California
When I am done with a book I can get another one in minutes.
– 10 year-old girl, Ohio
I hope that ebooks will not completely replace print books.
– 16 year-old girl, North Carolina
Ebooks are awesome.
– 13 year-old girl, Michigan
More quotes on Ebook Friendly:
- 12 minimalist posters with quotes from famous authors (pictures)
- 15 wonderful quotes about libraries… in libraries (pictures)
- Who the hell is J. W. Eagan?
- 20 book quotes about Christmas (pictures)
- 50 most popular technology quotes
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Ebook news and commentary
- Think Amazon is Your Friend? You Might Have Amazon Infatuation Syndrome ⇢ The Digital Reader
- American Library Association welcomes Macmillan frontlist availability ⇢ TeleRead
- What New e-readers Will Come Out Late 2014? ⇢ Good E-reader
- Amazon Explains Why It Thinks $9.99 is the Right Price for Ebooks ⇢ Publishing Perspectives
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Black
The 2014 Samsung Galaxy Tab comes with Android 4.4 Kit Kat, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1280×800 WXGA display, and $300 of free content and services.
Average rating: 4.3/5
Mr Mercedes – Stephen King
Mr. Mercedes is a war between good and evil, from the master of suspense whose insight into the mind of this obsessed, insane killer is chilling and unforgettable.