15 English grammar mistakes that make you look silly (infographic)
A quick list of the most common English goofs you have to stop making right now.
English is not my mother tongue, and I’m aware I’m still making a lot of grammar mistakes. When you read texts on the web, you’ll quickly notice, the mistakes are made also by the native speakers.
What’s more, for an English-language learner these grammar mistakes seem basic. For example, confusing “your” with “you’re”, or “their” with “they’re”.
At first, it seems strange (at least from a perspective of a foreigner), but the simple explanation is that many people use mostly the spoken language, and the words they confuse sound almost the same.
Click or tap on the visual to see it in full resolution.
More infographics to explore:
- 14 book that are perfect to get you in the mood for fall (infographic)
- Fictional money from books, movies, and games (infographic)
- 30 books that were originally serial novels (infographic)
- A timeline of the ebook market growth (infographic)
- Benefits of reading short stories (infographic)