100 largest American libraries (infographic)
The infographic was created some time ago, but it’s always good to find out that the Library of Congress holds almost 33 million volumes, and the last one in the Top 100, the library of MIT – “only” 3 million.
According to ALA Library Fact Sheet 22, the Library of Congress offers 34,528,818 volumes.
Just in case you’ll get impressed with 2.5 million ebooks from Kindle Store.
Via ebookPorn / Tumblr.
Check out more posts about libraries:
- Now Google web search lets you find the nearest library
- Libraries and books of the future as imagined by Ray Cummings in 1930
- 15 wonderful quotes about libraries… in libraries (pictures)
- The future of library services for and with teens (infographic)
- 5 great examples how individual libraries promote themselves with infographics
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Ebook news and commentary
- Amazon Launches Prime Pantry – a $6 Shipping Charge Aimed Across the Bow of Target ⇢ The Digital Reader
- Universalis and Storium gamify storytelling ⇢ TeleRead
- Yota is Creating a New App Store for the YotaPhone ⇢ Good E-reader
- 2014 Caine Prize for African Writing Shortlist Announced ⇢ Publishing Perspectives
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
Google Case for Nexus 7 Grey/Red
This original Google case for the 7-inch Nexus 2013 is available in four color patterns, and features a built-in stand for viewing and typing.
Average rating: 3.9/5
The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, the novel is John Green’s most ambitious work yet, exploring the thrilling business of being alive and in love.
Average rating: 4.8/5